If this is the first time you have needed a home inspection, or searched for an inspector on the web, here is some helpful information.
- Why would a home inspection be helpful?
- Where are you located and what area do you inspect?
- What are your qualifications?
- What do you offer that’s different?
- What types of inspections do you perform?
- What is a four point inspection?
- What is a wind mitigation inspection?
- How can I contact you?
A thorough home inspection can increase safety, save costly repairs and check those items you don’t normally think about when making your purchase. With hundreds of items on our check list, our thorough inspections can help to make your investment purchase an informative one.
Affordable Home Inspections is located a mile and a half from Interstate 75 in Bradenton, Florida. We inspect all of Manatee County and most of Sarasota County on the West Coast of Florida. We also perform inspections in southern portions of Sarasota (Osprey and beyond), Pinellas and Hillsboro Counties with a small travel time fee.
This is one of the most important questions you will ask your Florida home inspector. It is very important to find out the training acquired by a potential inspector. Jim Goodbrad, owner and inspector for Affordable Home Inspections, is a licensed Florida home inspector and has been a licensed Florida Building Contractor for over 20 years. He knows what to look for when determining the condition of a home. He is a member of NAHI, the National Association of Home Inspectors, as well as NAHI-FL. NAHI requires yearly continuing education and offers a certification course which Jim has successfully completed. He was awarded the title of Certified Real Estate Inspector in 2002.
- We stand out among regional inspectors because we can usually schedule within 2 to 3 working days (we do not work Saturday or Sunday).
- We take digital pictures of major problems at no additional cost.
- We produce an on site computer generated report usually printed and delivered at the time of the inspection. Summary pages are always given to our client and/or their Real Estate Agent at the same time if present.
- Our phones are manned by courteous staff during business hours.
- We will schedule a termite inspection if requested at the same time from a licensed pest control agent. (The pest control professional will require a separate payment since they are not a part of our company.)
We perform inspections on existing homes, condominiums, mobile homes, multifamily homes, light commercial and construction progress. We perform new construction, progress inspections (usually 3 – 5 per residence). We also will do a thorough walk through before your new home closing. We also inspect for new insurance policies or renewals, commonly called a four-point inspection which includes roof, electrical, plumbing, and heating and air conditioning. Wind mitigation inspections are also available to help you qualify for insurance discounts.
A four point inspection is performed for you at the request of your insurance company and is usually on homes 25 years old and older to give the insurance company information about the age and condition of the roof, plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning.
A wind mitigation inspection is performed to provide your insurance company with information about how your home is constructed so they can determine if your home meets their requirements for a discount and how much that discount will be.
You may email Jim Goodbrad, inspector and owner, here You may also call our office at 941-741-9733. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the information we offer. Even if you choose another inspector, we hope you will let us know if the information we provide is useful and how we can better improve our site.